We have been operating three Aby’s on a daily basis at Presbyterian Village since January 2022: https://www.phgainc.org/
- Our stats are very interesting:
- Over 2.5 tb of ROS bag data collected.
- Average time spent on resident interaction: 25 minutes
- Main tasks performed by Aby at nursing care: Companionship and remote sitting
- Over 6hrs of daily utilization between 3 robots.
- Equivalent of $3,500/month of savings at the facility.
- Validation of sub 8-month ROI including our CAPEX.
- We’ve attended many interesting events including presenting at AWS Re:Mars: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ix4W1Amsd68 and winning the CES Accessibility challenge with other great startups: https://www.linkedin.com/posts/cosmos-robotics_ces2022-eldercare-robotics-activity-6884199891975888897-kDaP
- We’re getting close to launching our next generation robot that is more reliable and capable after countless iterations.
- We’re in active discussions with 2 large health systems to deploy our solution.
- We’re attending Robo Boston Block Party with a current robot and a future collaboration with Segway, come say hello! https://www.linkedin.com/posts/cosmos-robotics_robots-future-healthcare-activity-6981047555279257600-wzAO
- We’re going to be attending https://www.hlth.com/, are you going?
- We’re hosting the Atlanta Robotics Meetup in October, sign up here for the mailing list: https://www.meetup.com/atlanta-robotics-meetup/
- We might attend AWS Reinvent: https://reinvent.awsevents.com/, are you going?
- With our next generation robot, we’re updating our app to be fully hosted on AWS to be able to connect with several EHR’s. We’re probably going to interconnect with Redox engine: https://www.redoxengine.com/ to compatibility with Epic and Cerner.
- We’re optimizing our app to perform nurse rounding for charge nurses and nurse unit leaders.
- We are gathering Hipaa compliant conversational and health specific voice data to optimize an NLP engine to be able to automate data entry for clinicians (starting with nurses).
Closing pilots/deals with large hospitals/health systems. We’re looking at opportunities to reduce these lead times, however, it seems they are industrywide. Thoughts?
Finding a large hardware partner to allow any modification of their robot to deploy our solution. Currently we are collaborating with two large manufacturers.
We’re continuing to focus on:
- Finishing the updated AWS app.
- Finalizing a deal with our hardware partners.
- Preparing for our Q1 fundraise.
- Closing two large health system pilots for Q1 2023.